Whether you know them as electromagnetic fields or electromagnetic frequencies, EMFs are invisible energy waves emitted from powered electronics and high-voltage power lines.
While an abundance of research indicates that EMFs are perfectly safe, there is growing concern that they can actually be harmful to our health.
It is important to note that there are naturally occurring EMFs from the sun and planetary bodies, however, this blog post will focus on the man-made frequencies.
Most man-made EMFs are low-frequency, non-ionizing radiation. Unlike high-frequency radiation (ei: gamma rays, x-rays, and UV light) they are not known carcinogens. However, this does not mean that they do not harm our cells and play a role in many chronic diseases, including cancer, Alzheimer’s, and more.
Sources of low-Frequencies EMFs include:
- wifi routers
- TVs and radios
- smart watches
- wireless headphones
- wireless keyboards
- baby monitors
- visible light (lamps, home lighting, etc)
- electrical panels
- cellphone towers
How EMFs Effect Our Cells
Increasing research has demonstrated that EMFs act upon our voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCCs). In a nutshell, these play a role in the following physiological functions:
- muscle contraction
- release of hormones
- release of neurotransmitters
- cardiac pacemaking
It is no wonder with so many sources of EMFs impacting our nervous system, circulatory system, endocrine system, and muscular system, the list of electrosensitivity symptoms is extensive.
Some symptoms include:
- difficulty concentrating
- difficulty with memory
- mood swings
- muscle aches
- changes in heart rate
- changes in blood pressure
- DNA damage
How To Reduce EMF Exposure
With so many sources of EMFs that we use everyday, it should be encouraging to know that there are ways to reduce your level of exposure. Many of these solutions are simple and cost-effective (and may end up saving money in the long term):
- Turn off your wifi router at night (use a mechanical outlet timer so that you do not have to stress about forgetting)
- Turn wireless devices on airplane mode or completely turn them off
- Keep electronics out of the bedroom
- Unplug any power strips that are not in use (this includes lamps, TVs, etc)
- Be mindful of “smart home devices” (the more things connected to WiFi, the more EMF exposure in the home, be mindful of appliances and devices that can be controlled with an app, if you do not have the option to remove these from your home, disconnect bluetooth whenever possible).
- Be aware of proximity to cell-phone towers, power lines, and radio towers (while this is not something that is easily controlled, it is important to note that the larger the distance from the source, the lower the exposure. Keep this in mind if you are buying new home)
If you are being exposed to EMFs beyond your control (ie: you live right next to a 5G tower, you are on an electronic device all day, etc) there are devices that can help mitigate exposure.
- Defender Shield has a comprehensive array of products to help “shield” you from EMFs (I would like to note that I have read that some people do not recommend the belly band as there are concerns that your breasts and uterus are exposed to higher concentrations…the EMFs need to go somewhere).
- Somavedic offers aesthetically pleasing EMF protection. They even have a tiny version to keep in your pocket during the day.
- Silent Pocket has bags for all your devices. The faraday bag blocks 100% of EMFs (both in and out).
- Conscious Copper offers beautiful jewelry, as well as home and cellphone defense products. I personally have their Quantum™ EMF Necklace, as well as the Lattice™ Home EMF Defense in my room.
As always, please remember:
Professional Disclaimer: The information contained on this site, including all blogs, emails, services, and products, are for general informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to substitute professional medical advice. Information published is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am in no way giving professional medical advice. If you are on this website, you acknowledge that I am drawing from my own experience. If you are seeking professional medical care, please contact someone who is qualified. Before taking action upon anything suggested upon this website I encourage you to consult with your physician. The use or reliance of any information contained on this site is solely at your own risk. The information contained on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
2 thoughts on “EMFs and YOUR HEALTH”
Pingback: EMFs and YOUR HEALTH — Wholesome Morgan – © blogfactory
Pingback: EMFs and YOUR HEALTH – Rosalina Health